Saturday 6 April 2013

Ultimate Image!!

As part of our business in animation assignments we had to create an ultimate image which sums up you as an artist/designer etc. Almost a promotional image for yourself so to speak. I had a few ideas in mind for this. The first being, my characters that I have created throughout my time in university chasing me up a rope. The second being a caricature of myself holding my characters on my back in a similar pose to that of the Titan 'Atlas'. Thirdly, I intended to caricature my face, and have my ideas exploding and climbing out of the top of my head. I think any of these could have worked quite well but in the end I decided on something different. After getting a great idea from one of mates in Uni, I ended up creating a poker game scene. In which some of my final characters I have created in the last three years in Uni are playing against eachother. At the centre of the table is a cartoon version of myself. The lamp shining down on top of me creating an obvious focal point. Anyway here is what I cam up with. I am pleased with the outcome, there are some areas I would like to tweak if I had the time. And as every artist, never completely satisfied with his work. I am still quite pleased with the outcome. Hope you like.......


No comments:

Post a Comment